Competitive pricing, flexible
turnaround times and excellent
customer service make Feature an
Over 90 languages! If translation or subtitling is needed, Feature has it all. Our areas of expertise include legal, website, governmental, educational, technical, and scientific and others
Whether it's captioning or subtitling, Feature uses state-of-the-art software that allows for the highest quality work possible. Our talented production staff thoroughly reviews each file before it leaves the facility.
For almost a decade, our clients have come to rely on us for their subtitling and captioning needs for both NTSC and PAL. We take great pride in our work! Not just in our translations, but in the timing and fluidity or "readability" of our subtitles and and editors in both the source and target Tanguage, with a captions. We employ native translators final review of the subtitles as they play back with the video. All files are thoroughly proofread and spell checked, and terminology is fully researched.
Looking for a large Language
selection? How does 90+ sound?
Feature uses native speakers for
both the target and source
Subtitling is the process of providing multi-lingual, textual renditions of spoken audio and graphics. Through subtitling, we provide fluid, accurate and natural translations of all media. Our Editors meticulously research and review files to ensure that all of our final products are of impeccable quality and readability, meeting all clients' specifications.
- In addition to Subtitle creation for language barriers, Feature can also create Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing (SDH)
- Feature can create, but is not limited to, .UYC/.USF files for tape encoding, .STL, TIF, and .SON for DVD authoring
In addition to Captioning and Subtitling, our company provides straight translation of various documents and website translation Let our experienced, specialized translators and editors provide you with fast, accurate, and high-quality translations every time. Our areas of expertise include legal, website, governmental, educational, technical, scientific and others in over 90 languages. Feature Subtitling, Captioning & Translation employs professional, versatile translators and editors who are native speakers of the target language to meet our clients' translation needs. Unlike software or computer-generated content, our expert translators can artfully handle the intricacies, specialized vocabularies, and dialects of the languages they translate, endowing your product with unmatched excellence and meeting any client's most meticulous expectations.
- Summary Translations can be created
- Specific Translation programs such as Trados can be used
Feature provides accurately timecoded captions allowing millions of deaf and hard-of-hearing viewers to enjoy the programming you produce. Captioning involves not only the precise, literal replication of spoken audio Video Description, (also called Audio Description) is the process that allows blind/low-vision viewers to follow along with the dialogue of any program. The describer strategically narrates the program in between dialogue so that the viewer can envision what is happening on screen. The audio is then laid back to a tape where it can be accessed using the SAP (Secondary Audio Programming) channel on the viewer's television. In addition, descriptions can be laid onto DVDs where the menu options can activate the description track. Video Description focuses on certain aspects of a program including:
- Character Expressions
- Character Reactions
- Location and Overview of a particular scene
Fature strives to make media accessible to all impaired viewers, including those who are blind or have low vision. Feature provides accurately timecoded captions allowing millions of deaf and hard-of-hearing viewers to enjoy the programming you produce. Captioning involves not only the precise, literal replication of spoken audio but also sound effects and other descriptions. Captioning styles that Feature can provide:
- Pop-on (Captions are placed according to speaker. Captions will avoid graphics and other pertinent info)
- Timed Roll-Up (2 or 3 line Scrolling Captions. Captions stay in one place and scroll continuously)
- DVD (Captions can be converted to SCC and then authored to DVD)
- Open (Either Pop-on or Timed Roll-Up; however, the cap tions are ALWAYS on)
- Web (Captions for Web streaming. Captions can be con verted for use with Windows Media, Real Player, QuickTime, and Flash)
- Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, The (1984) MGM
- Ali G. Indahouse (2002) (feature & bonus material) Mark Mylod - Universal Pictures
- All Dogs Go to Heaven (1989) Don Bluth, Gary Goldman - MGMUA Dist. Company
- All Dogs Go to Heaven 2 (1996) Larry Leker, Paul Sabella - MGM
- All or Nothing (2002) Mike Leigh - Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Distributing Corporation (MGM)
- American Ninja (1985) Sam Firstenberg - MGM
- American Ninja 2: The Confrontation (1987) Sam Firstenberg - MGM
- American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt (1989) Cedric Sundstrom - MGM
- Angels & Insects (1995) Philip Haas - Samuel Goldwyn Company
- Angels in the Endzone (1997) Gary Nadeau - Buena Vista Television
- Apache (1954) Robert Aldrich - MGM
- Assassination Tango (2002) Robert Duvall - MGM
- Attack! (1944) War/Documentary - RKO Radio Pictures Inc.
- Baby Boom (1987) Charles Shyer - United Artists
- Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers: To Live and Die in Starlight (2002)
- Back to School (1986) Alan Metter - MGM
Languages We Cover
In addition to Captioning and
Subtitling, our company provides
straight translation of various
documents, website and movies
Please check all the languages we offer.
Request a Quote
3543 W. Braddock Rd. Suite D-3 Alexandria, VA 22302
Phone: (703) 628-8590
Fax: (703) 991-1263